Posts Tagged ‘Olympic Countdown’
do you believe? (it had to be said)
today is the final day of the Olympic Torch Relay. it has been the longest Torch Relay with 106 days of traveling to it’s final destination Vancouver’s BC Place. i have to say i’m pretty excited for this all to begin! starting with the Opening Ceremonies at 9pm eastern time. to keep myself up-to-date and in the know during the Olympics i’ve downloaded the 2010Guide iPhone app, and you should too!
ONLY 9 HOURS, 13 MINUTES and 22 SECONDS!!
with 2 days left, i thought i’d share with all of you my fave places in Whistler! having lived in Whistler on-and-off for about 2 years, i’m really wishing i was there right now, although not working cause that would be hectic. if you are in Whistler for the Olympics or ever visit these places:
1) Elements – the best for breakfast (eggs benedict) and tapas
2) Citta‘ – right in the Village Square an almost daily hangout for pitchers of beer and burgers
3) 7th Heaven – found on Blackcomb Mountain, the best place to ski/snowboard on pow days!
4) Sushi Village – order the spicy agedashi tofu and sake margaritas to start of the meal
5) TNA - stop by and say hi to all the girls AND Artitzia is also an official Olympic Licensee (check out the ParkLife line)
ok enjoy! and just know that this is my favourite place in the world (the winters are a dream, but the summers are epic!)
i love MTV, and if you love it as much as i do then you also have a small place in your heart for Dan Levy and Jessi Cruickshank from the AfterShow. well folks you no longer have to tune into MTV just after the 10 spot show, because these two lovelies will be hosts on CTV Olympic Morning! Olympic Morning begins at 6am until 12pm from Feb 13th to 28th… so get ready for CTV to get a little shaken up. this time around you won’t be hearing their rants & raves about LC, Lo, Kristin and Brody, but instead they will provide us with an up-to-the-minute look at everything Olympics! hopefully Dan and Jessi will bring their A-game to support Canada during the Games!
also, follow the torch HERE, and watch Dan carry the torch at around 1:05 Van time, which is 4:05 Toronto time!
with only 4 DAYS left until the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games it’s time to gear up if you haven’t already done so. today i purchased the HBC Red Mittens which cost only $10 and all the money supports Canadian athletes! The Bay just re-ordered 1 million pairs of mittens, totaling enough inventory to potentially allow every single Canadian to sport these mitts during the winter games!
to get you excited and informed here are some facts you can throw out during commercial breaks to impress your friends:
- Number of Olympic athletes and officials: 5,500
- Number of Paralympic athletes and officials: 1,350
- Countries participating in Olympic Winter Games: 80+
- Countries participating in Paralympic Winter Games: 40+
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games events tickets available: 1.6 million
- 2010 Paralympic Winter Games events tickets available: 250,000
- Estimated number of media representatives: 10,000
- Estimated number of Games volunteers: 25,000